Frequently Asked Questions
Expert answers to your questions.
- How much does it cost to replace a roof?
- No two buildings are exactly alike, and the cost of commercial roof replacement depends on several factors. Some of these factors include: - The size of the roof - Roof access - Materials required - Structural damage repairs required before installation - And more. The most important thing to keep in mind is choosing a contractor you trust with a record of superior service. After an inspection and consultation with one of Lionheart's roofing specialists, you will receive estimates for your various options for roof replacement.Â
- Can I repair my roof instead of replacing it?
- A damaged roof does not necessarilyÂ require a total replacement. When we find damage, we will consider the type ofÂ roofing material, the age of the roof, and the extent of damage to give you the best options available. BesidesÂ roof replacement, our professionals may include options for commercial roof repair or roof restoration.
- Can I put a new roof on without removing the old one?
- Several factors may allow us to place a new roof over the existing one. Local and national building codes outline roofing requirements that we must follow,Â however. If the law allows you two roofing systems, we must carefully consider the current structural condition, underlying insulation, deck conditions, and moisture saturation to determine if removal of the existing roof will be more cost effective in the long run. If your existing roof is damaged, saturated, or unstable, we will need to strip the existing roof to install a new roof.
- Do I need to file a claim with insurance for roof damage?
- Hiring an experienced commercial roofing contractor can make a big difference when dealing with insurance claims. Whether you need to file an insurance claim for damage largely depends on the type of roof you have and the extent of the damage. A qualified commercial roofer should first assess the damage with an expert eye. Your roofer will determine the severity of the damage and can advise you regarding what needs done to address it.Â
- Will my new roof come with a warranty?
- When you install a new commercial roof with Lionheart Contracting, you will have a variety of warranties to choose from.Â
- Do you have experience with roofs on historic buildings?
- Yes! We have extensive industry experience with commercial roofs on all types of buildings, from recent builds to historic buildings.
- How long does it take to install a new roof?
- The length of your commercial roof install depends on the size andÂ type ofÂ roof you are having installed. When we schedule your roof for replacement, our roofing experts will give you an accurate estimate of how long it will take. We take care to provide each job with the manpower, skill, and equipment to complete your roofÂ in a timely manner. Our crews do a very thorough clean-up at the end of each day to minimize any inconvenience caused by your roof replacement.Â
- How often should I have my commercial roof inspected?
- As best practice, we recommend scheduling a roof inspection seasonally to ensure everything is in proper working order. If you suspect damage after a large storm or hail, you may need to schedule extra inspections. It is important to contact licensed roofing professionals to inspect your roof rather than attempting to do it yourself - we know what to look for and always take the appropriateÂ safety precautions when accessing a commercial roof.